Is this you?
We are looking for a Communications Specialist to join the Communications Team at Fredensborg Group to tell the story about Fredensborg AS and the companies we invest in.
We are looking for a storyteller and an excellent writer with great energy and a genuine interest for the society we live in.
Just like Fredensborg, you dare to think differently. You are a proactive self-starter with the confidence and credibility to work independently. We are a small, dedicated team in which all are expected to pitch in and help each other out, when need arises.
What we want you to do
As Communications Specialist your main responsibilities will be to work with PR & media relations, to develop and implement Fredensborg’s long-term communication plan, identify and implement proactive PR & communication opportunities, develop excellent external and internal communication material and ensure best possible support for unscheduled requests from Fredensborg AS and the companies we invest in.
You will support the business and all of Fredensborg’s markets with proactive and reactive content, incoming requests, and provide advice when Fredensborg is being challenged.
In your role you will develop communication material for both PR as well as for presentations for external and internal audiences, which will require you to perform background research for valid facts and arguments. You will support our local markets with advice and communication material, ensuring that Fredensborg is presented in a proactive and positive. You will also be expected to provide communication expertise for issues- and incident handling.
From your desk in Oslo, you will have plenty of collaboration opportunities with colleagues in the Fredensborg Group, including several European countries. We offer a fast-moving high-achieving culture and invite you to join our growing team.
- Drive the Communications work, raising Fredensborg’s profile to employees and external stakeholders in Norway.
- Develop and implement strategic communication programs and provide tactical public relations support - ensuring appropriate and timely response to media under tight and sometimes urgent timelines.
- Proactively pitch and pursue placement in national and international media, including developing pitches, preparation and coordination of media interviews/briefings, and response to media enquiries for Fredensborg and our subsidiaries.
- Prepare press materials such as national and international press releases, statements, talking points, presentations, op-eds, guidelines, Q&As, etc. needed for public relations and public affairs activities, including distribution through various channels.
- Develop and maintain Fredensborg’s communication channels, such as homepage, intranet, SOME etc.
- Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences.
- Be responsible for incident communication plan and support incident management to protect the brand and the company’s reputation.
- Monitor press stories relating to the company and its brand and maximize opportunities for positive PR and play down any negative PR.
- Support and train Fredensborg’s spokesperson(s) when needed.
- Design and maintenance of brand, marketing activities and visual identity.
- Develop and maintain policy documents.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Journalistic flair: Ability to "see" and convey a good story in writing and visually and quickly grasp and synthesize complex issues.
- Impeccable Norwegian and English writing and oral skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate information to multiple audiences in an inspirational way and in Fredensborg’s tone of voice.
- 3+ years of media experience or an exceptional track record in working effectively with the media, including demonstrated success in pitching and placing pieces in media.
- Experience with operating webpages and SOME - knowledge of the use of film and photography on digital surfaces, will be beneficial.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and possess a proven ability to thrive under deadline pressure and to execute on several projects simultaneously.
- Positive attitude and team spirit embracing collaboration.
- Confidence when working in a dynamic and fast-changing entrepreneurial department and office culture.
- Self-motivated, with a strong drive and a problem-solving approach.
- Experience in working with Public Affairs is positive but not decisive.
You will be based at Fredensborg’s head office in Oslo and report to the Chief Communications Officer, Christian Vammervold Dreyer.
For questions or more information about the position, please contact Frode Bjørnæs (958 24 529) or Kristine Hedenstad (938 41 211) in Hartmark Executive Search.
Headquartered in Oslo, Fredensborg is a Norwegian-owned investment company with a European focus, investing in real estate, housing, and holiday homes for private individuals.
As an active, value-based and evergreen company, we choose good, long-term solutions for individuals and society.
Fredensborg investments include Heimstaden (one of Europe's leading residential real estate companies, which owns, develops and manages properties), Fredensborg Bolig (residential property developer), Fredensborg Fritid (leisure and destination development company) and Utleiemegleren (rental broker company for rental and management of homes), as well as other investments.
958 24 529